About Mid Century Mister

Born in the wrong era? No I wouldn't say so, who would really want to have lived though the war if they didn't have to. I have however always been fascinated by the past, I love the well dressed and simpler times. As a keen motorsport fan the mid century era is also golden age. Stay tuned for all my news, views and reviews.

Pages

Wednesday 5 October 2016

Vintage Wedding Venue - Grand Pavilion Porthcawl

So as I have proposed and furnished my beloved hand with a ring, its time to think about the money pit that is a wedding.

We both are very much disciples of vintage style so there is no way we are going to organise something too twenty first century. We set out to find something different and something we can put our mark on.


The Grand Pavilion was an early front runner out of the gates, with it Deco exterior and its ball room main hall it seemed like a perfect fit. We have toured the venue and met the Stuart and his very friendly and accommodating team and I am happy to say it remains way out front.


The Grand Pavilion was opened in 1932 and is a key historical land mark in Bridgend County. I especially like the history of the building and the many artists both professional and amateur that have tread its boards, I feel we would be almost walking in their footsteps by having our wedding there.

To follow our progress on planning a vintage wedding please check out my fiance's blog

 Bride to be with an obsession with all things vintage. Fashion, Films and Fun Times lie ahead as I plan my vintage inspired wedding and discuss my love of things from days gone by.

No comments:

Post a Comment